As the State and Nation continue to experience COVID-19, Bridgeworks Family Dental wants to let our patients know we are prepared and taking every measure possible to ensure your safety.
We are accustomed to maintaining the highest standards for infection control on a daily basis. This includes universal precautions, personal protective equipment (masks, gloves, gowns, and eyewear) as well as sterilization and disinfection of all surfaces. We do this with every single patient, every single day. We have not simply instituted new protocols in the wake of the COVID-19 virus.
We have always followed and will continue to follow universal precautions for the welfare of our patients and staff. This includes:
- Wearing new, disposable gloves while treating each patient.
- Wearing facemasks covering our mouths and noses and protective eyewear, face shields and gowns while treating patients. We ask our patients and their guests to wear masks in our office too.
- Washing our hands or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer between every patient.
- Wiping the treatment chair, countertops and cabinets in the room after we see each patient with the highest-level disinfecting towelettes designed for hospitals and healthcare settings.
- We have added air scrubbers to our HVAC systems. Adding air purification systems to our offices and treatment rooms will aid in the decreasing of bacteria, including Covid-19.
- Bagging and heat sterilizing all our instruments.
- In our non-treatment areas, we are increasing our diligence in wiping our counters and doorknobs multiple times during the day with disinfectant wipes. We have hand sanitizer available in the check-in and check-out desk counter for your use.
During this new normal with COVID-19, we ask our patients and families for the following considerations:
- Please limit the number of family members attending appointments.
- Please limit family members coming into the office with the patient, to those needed for the appointment.
- If you or your family member has had any recent travel outside of the country or have come into contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please call and reschedule your appointment.
- If any member of your family is feeling ill, please call our office to reschedule your appointment or your child’s appointment. Please do not come in coughing or sneezing into the office.
- We are going to minimize our team’s physical contact right now with patients and families, so we have asked our team members not to shake hands or hug.
- Please wear masks before entering our office.
For over 50 years, Bridgeworks Family Dental has played an integral part in the health care of so many people in New London County. We feel blessed and grateful for those opportunities, but moreover, we can promise that our commitment and efforts to provide safe, cautious and effective dental care did not begin with COVID-19 and will continue to be our top priority. We will continue to monitor various dental association recommendations along with those of the CDC and other governmental departments and act accordingly.
We hope our efforts help put you at ease. Please feel free to contact our office with any questions or concerns you may have during this time.
Bridgeworks Family Dental
The Doctors & Staff of Bridgeworks